Resignation - Director of ATC Training

Shannon W - 811815

Regretfully, I'm posting to announce the resignation of Andrew Carr from the VATPAC Board from November.

Andrew has several key roles online, including being a Supervisor, being in the events team and finally, the Director of Training for VATPAC. Here, he was the architect in the development of the moodle training program, one which makes VATPAC ATC Training, one of the most innovative in VATSIM.

Andrew and I started in SATCO around the same time in the late 90's, back when we used to light up the skies in ML-S_V_CTR and ML-E_V_CTR positions, using Pro Controller, controlling not only the aircraft using FS98, but sequencing them around the "Robots" that Terry Scanlan was so passionate about. We got our controller, snr controller, instructor and sup ratings within months of each other... I've had the pleasure of being flown to Avalon from Moorabbin to the Avalon airshow a few years ago (back when he was 90 day current.. and fuel wasn't quite the price it was now..!), and I've returned the favour when he came down to Cambridge (though I got ramp checked by CASA :rolleyes:)

VATPAC has had a very personal effect on Andrew. As most of us know, he is a Real World AirServices controller, in which we like to believe, wouldn't have happened should he not stumbled upon this online world in his travels (though if you'd stayed, you'd probably be getting some free shares in a few months AC ;) )

While not around since day dot, Andrew has had a big part to play in what VATPAC is today. His knowledge, passion and dedication to this hobby will be very much missed, but I'm sure - he'll still be around in some shape or form.

On behalf of the VATPAC Board, thank you Andrew for all the work you've done.

Shannon