Thank you, Callum!

Zach B - 1217663

Hi all,

Last week Callum approached me about taking some time away from VATPAC. Whilst I didn't really want Callum to leave his volunteer staff roles, I know from personal experience that taking some time away from this stuff is invaluable.

Callum has been contributing many, many hours of his daily life for the past 4 years in many different roles, but most importantly as a Division Director. Callum's leadership of the Division out of a somnewhat turbulent period was invaluable and I know all of us here today appreciate the work he put in. I still often turn to Callum for guidance when thinking about VATPAC related problems and ideas, for his expertise and passion that he has for this community.

Callum has also been an even longer member of the ATC Training department, where I'm sure a number of you have spoken or had interactions with him as you progressed through your ATC Ratings. I know his experienced will be missed, but it will also give opportunities for other members of our community step up and give back, just like Callum did so often.

Of course, Callum was also very passionate about making the VATPAC Discord work and most of his recent volunteering hours have been spent dealing with a few absolute peanuts, who's sole life purpose has been to be disruptive. I wouldn't wish the Discord Administrator role to anyone at the moment. I hope our community can remember that yes, this is very much a game, but every person we are interecting with are very real people. Sometimes we forget that and Callum bore the brunt of these actions over the last 6 months.

So I know that Callum won't be online very much in the next little while, but on the rate occasion that you do see him flying, controlling or on the Discord then please, thank him for his service to our community.

I'm sure he'll be back soon.

Thank you, Callum!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

From an ATC Training perspective I would like to wish Callum very well during his time away.  I like Zach expect and hope that he will miss us and be back but also understand that a lengthy break is sometimes needed.

Callum has been an equally hard worker in the ATC Training space having trained and assessed many of our controller through all levels over the years.  In addition he has been actively involved in training some of our mentors and instructors to continue the work into the future.

Thank-you sir and well wishes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1