URGENT NOTICE - New Roger Wilco Version

Skip Fulton

Harvey Stein (VATSIM5) has provided a brief update on the new version of Roger Wilco.

It has been reported that this new version causes "serious problems" and VATSIM recommends members do not download the new version until such time as testing is complete and any bugs or problems ironed out.

For anyone who may have already downloaded this new version and is experiencing problems. I am able to provided an older version of the software.

Skip Fulton

VATPAC5

Director IT Resources

UPDATE from Roland Collins

I originally thought that these were two different versions both currently available, but when I selected RW 1d REV 3 on the Roger Wilco site it took me to version v1.4.1.2.

I just checked it again and after searching around I found only Download.com links to the original rw_mk1d3.exe

I guess there is room for misunderstanding here so I'd recommend the following changes to previous posts:

An interim suggestion is for ATC to add the following to their ATIS.

"DO NOT use RW v1.4.1.2 . See VATPAC webpages"

The full details should be carried in an edited version of Skip's Front Page News item

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harvey Stein (VATSIM5) has provided a brief update on the new version of Roger Wilco, v1.4.1.2 .

It has been reported that Roger Wilco v1.4.1.2 causes "serious problems" and VATSIM recommends members do not download the new version until such time as testing is complete and any bugs or problems ironed out.

The current version Roger Wilco 1d REV 3 (rw_mk1d3.exe) is still OK.

For anyone who may have already downloaded Roger Wilco, v1.4.1.2 and is experiencing problems, I am able to provide Roger Wilco 1d REV 3, or alternatively it can be obtained from http://www.download.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------