ATC Assist

• 17 Replies

Dave Payne

• Guybrush Threepwood...is my hero!!
ATC Assist
« on: February 15, 2017, 04:59:07 PM »
Just checking out the new ATC Assist.  Can I assume that there are parts not working fully yet, not sure I've seen the details around functionality as yet.  I don't yet see the ability to:
  • View the STAR/SID once searching for the chart in the SIDS/STARS section, as in the pdf version of it.  Easy enough to work around atm.
  • Chart Search, METARS and WX Radar are unpopulated for me at least

Looks great though guys and this will be a much improved release.  From all of us its a big thanks for your hard work.

Cheers

Dave

Callum Strawbridge

• That Guy From Perth
Re: ATC Assist
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:21:53 PM »
Hi Dave,

All functions visible should be working, You just need to make sure it's setup.

At the top, You need to select your position to get started, Then click Submit.

While the fields will not auto populate, It will come up with boxes which you can click. See Picture Below.

By Clicking YMML, It will populate the box with the METAR. This concept is standard across all sections. When you click YMML on chart search, Or enter the ICAO, It will populate the list of charts available from Airservices.

Hope this helps/answers your question? :P
Callum Strawbridge
C3 Senior Controller
I1 ATC Instructor
P9 Pilot Instructor

Dave Payne

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 09:03:05 PM »
That makes sense, I'm not seeing those buttons as per below.  Using Chrome.

Dave Payne

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 09:04:51 PM »
OK, I figured out the issue, in the CTR drop down, you can actually choose your position, I had just been leaving it as CTR and not bothering to look.

Dave Payne

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 10:58:47 PM »
Have enjoyed using ATC Assist this evening although there are a few things I will need to get used to.  I find the STAR/SID search a little clunky and sometimes when you have aircraft who have filed weird flight plans it was sometimes a nice way of figuring out the best departure or approach by seeing the airways and fixes in the old setup.  You could check the route in ES and marry one of the fixes with something in their flight plan.  This evening I found I was entering fix after fix to see if I could find an approach for an aircraft who was flying a jet but had filed a non-jet route.  So here if I want to give them a jet approach I have to search around the STARs to find a fix I can use from the general direction hes coming from.  Its that or just leave them on a non-jet standard approach.  I also found the table that it displays in the STAR/SID section is missing transitions where they should apply.

Other than the few observations above, I like the layout and look, its great to see the ATIS maker web interface integrated in and I like the chart search ability.  I really liked the route planner tool as well, they are all very welcome additions.

Well done to the team on the efforts

Dave

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 11:16:31 PM »
Hi Dave,

Great to hear you are enjoying the new ATCASSIST,

The SID/STAR finder relies on an accurate flight plan from the pilot. Having the same format as the old system would be impractical due to the size constraints of the layout.

In regards to the issue of the transitions not showing, could you post what you input into the finder so I can recreate the error and resolve it.

Cheers
IT - Developer

Dave Payne

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 12:00:39 AM »
Fair enough on the layout Harrison, as I said there were a few things that would need getting used to for sure.

I believe I was looking at a FISHA7 departure at YSSY for rwy 07, would have entered ENTRA as the fix and just saw a FISHA7 departure without an ENTRA transition.

Cheers

Dave
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:33:19 PM by Dave Payne »

Bradley Flood

• VATPAC Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 07:29:07 AM »
In addition to Dave's post about transitions, this happens for pretty much every departure out of Sydney
1. 16L - KEVIN5 - no ENTRA Trans
2. 16R - DEENA6 - no WOL Trans
3. 16R - CLIFF4 - no CORDO or WOL Trans
4. 34L - ANKUB1 - no CORDO or WOL Trans
5. 34R - MARUB5 - no WOL Trans

At Cairns
RWY33
1. Input TOTTY3P (STAR), no Trans Appear (should be 6 of them)
2. Input HENDO7A (STAR), no Trans Appear (should be 7 of them)
etc.

Probably an issue for searching transitions as they seem to not appear at any airport.

And not a big issue, but after about 5 "searches" for SIDS/STARS, the service decides not to search for anything leaving me to have to refresh the page which is quite annoying. With further testing, this doesn't seem to happen all the time (which is good), so I'll try and work out if I'm doing anything to trigger this. (probably on my side tbh. so don't worry too much)

Dave Payne

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 10:31:11 AM »
Brad, I had the same problem where the SID/STAR search would stop responding after a while also.  Harrison to remove the clutter of all the fixes, it could be just a simple drop down box for all the fixes and another for airways in the area as well as a search function possibly?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:33:31 PM by Dave Payne »

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 01:14:30 PM »
Hi Dave and Bradley,

I have Identified the issue and it will be fixed as soon as practicable,

Cheers
IT - Developer

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 07:50:07 PM »
Hi Guys,

A fix has been applied and I have checked all of the SIDS/STARS that you specified and the transitions are showing,

Cheers
IT - Developer

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 11:16:08 AM »
Looks great- thanks guys!

Eoin Motherway

• The "Your ATIS is wrong" guy
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 08:35:31 PM »
Is it just me or is it taking an absolute age to load? Been waiting 20 mins for it to load and only gotten this far:

Edit: It wont go any further than the attached image and re-selecting the position and refreshing wont do anything...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:37:08 PM by Eoin Motherway »
C1 Controller
/O Pacific Oceanic Endorsement
BICC_FSS (Iceland Radio) Endorsement

VATPAC - AIS Chief Information Officer
vSkyLine Developer

Richard Quigley

• Registered Stirrer
  • That's HOURS sunshine!
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 09:20:48 PM »
Request:
A "copy" button to copy the contents of the ATC Assist ATIS to the local clipboard.
Quig
(3000+ hrs of Chaos, panic & disorder - my work here is done!)

Eoin Motherway

• The "Your ATIS is wrong" guy
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 09:25:22 PM »
Request:
A "copy" button to copy the contents of the ATC Assist ATIS to the local clipboard.

Been working on it for months, none of the available solutions seem to be working...

(Though still working on it)
C1 Controller
/O Pacific Oceanic Endorsement
BICC_FSS (Iceland Radio) Endorsement

VATPAC - AIS Chief Information Officer
vSkyLine Developer