VATPAC Training Team Changes

Andrew C - 812404

Over the last couple of months, a number of personnel changes have occurred within the training team. In true aviation style there have been both departures and arrivals, so I'd like to take the opportunity to bring you all up to speed on these changes.

First of all, I'd like to welcome Greg Barber and Jake Saw and congratulate them on achieving their Instructor rating. Greg will be assisting with TMA & Enroute ratings, while Jake is helping with Tower.

We are also very fortunate to have David Neil on board as Tower Training Administrator. David is the first point of contact with new members seeking to learn about ATC and has already been hard at work dealing with the non-stop TWR training requests.

In other changes, one of our long-serving instructors, John Keech, is taking a leave of absence until 2010. Also, Alex Hnarakis and Jarrad Wadmore are leaving the training team after assisting with mentoring and instruction. I'd like thank them both for their contribution to the team.

The current team members and their authorised assessment ratings* are:

• Andrew Carr - Senior Instructor - All ratings
  • Rob Hooley - Senior Instructor - All ratings
  • Roland Collins - Senior Instructor - All ratings
  • Shannon Wells - Instructor - TMA, CTR
  • Greg Barber - Instructor - TMA, CTR
  • Terry Scanlan - Instructor - TWR
  • Jake Saw - Instructor - TWR
  • Luke Bruce-Smith - Instructor - TWR

*Authorised assessment ratings are the ratings for which the instructor has been approved to assess. All instructors may provide mentoring or instruction across the three basic ratings of TWR, TMA, ENR.

• 1 month later...