Board Changes: Matt Dorahy & John Keech

Rob H - 811428

Hi Folks,

Following on from the previous announcement regarding the VATPAC Board restructure, I have a further announcement that Matt Dorahy and John Keech have taken this opportunity to step down as Director of Operations and Director of Australian Airspace respectively. Matt and John have been tremendous assets and prolific contributors to VATPAC in recent years.

Matt has been involved with VATPAC for many years and served as Director of Operations since 2006. He's been a prolific contributor on many projects behind the scenes and consistently stepped up to tackle any task that has needed taking care of. Matt is a genuine, straight shooter and I have a deep respect for his tenacity and persistence in dealing with difficult problems.

John has also been involved with VATPAC for a long time and has served in various roles since 2004. John pioneered the introduction of many real world ATC concepts, including the notorious 'KFC' confliction (formerly KKK), which have since become part of the VATPAC fabric (and the blight of the virtual controller). John has spent countless hours working on contributing resources and providing training services for the benefit of others and I have a deep respect for him.

Matt and John are stepping down from the VATPAC Board for now, but will continue to be involved in various other groups and projects.

Both Matt and John have consistently put the enjoyment and experience of others ahead of their own over an extended period of time.They are true friends of VATPAC and I know a speak for many when I say that we look forward to seeing you online in the future.

Sincere thanks to you both,

Rob Hooley

VATPAC1