Web Assistance Required!

John Golin

As many of you will be aware, over the past few years I have been looking after the web pages for SATPAC.

Due to real world commitments I am not able to dedicate the time necessary for upkeep and improvement of the site.

As a result, I would like to ask for expressions of interest in a position maintaining and developing the web site. The main goals for the short and medium term are;

- Short term: Tidy up existing site: ensure links are working, relevant articles, software only available, maintain pages as required.

- Medium term: Develop new design and features for site in consultation with IT Director and Board.

The interested party should have knowledge of web design, as well as access to authoring tools and preferrably image editing software, and take the following into consideration;

- The SATPAC site is housed on a Linux server

- Upload access is extremely restricted (Permanent Fixed IP a bonus)

- Cross browser support required for all pages

- Must be able to regularly monitor site and update when required.

I.T. is a support role, so the role required the person be able to work as a team, and accept direction from the I.T. Director and SATPAC staff where required.

If you are interested in assisting, please email me [email protected] and I can discuss more in depth what we are looking for, and how things work.

Note: I have already had a couple of people contact me privately; no need to contact me again I'll get back to you :)

Regards;

John Golin

SATPAC6

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone who came forward to offer assistance; I was suprised at the number and talent of people in the SATPAC community!

At this time we have asked Skip to help out; there were many people who could have assisted and we keep your details as some of you have some unique qualities and skills that I'm sure we'll want to take advantage of in the future :)

Thanks again for your offers, and thanks to Skip for taking the torch - I'm sure we'll see some exciting changes in future...

Regards;

John