Membership Department

Blair S - 1358329

Membership_Department.png

Membership Department

From the Director

Hi all, it is with pleasure I sit down to write my first Scope article as the Director of Membership for VATPAC. Firstly, to those who do not know me, or whom I have not met yet I would like to give you some background about my previous roles within VATSIM. Joining VATSIM and VATPAC in 2002 I have acquired 9424 hours online as a pilot and close to 900 hours controlling, supervising, or observing. In this time, I have assisted VATSIM in roles such as Supervisor, DCRM for VATPAC and held seats on the VATSIM BOG as VATGOV1. So be prepared for long hours and lots of fun as you explore everything the VATSIM and VATPAC network has to offer.

Membership Department Report

Since taking over the role at the beginning of the year I have been able to meet with the managers and we have started to plan out the direction for the next 12 to 24 months. The initial point of concentration is going to be within the confines of Marketing and will be looking at the VATPAC image and branding. 

Marketing has started to redesign the VATPAC brand, and along with that, the brief is to create a standardized image for VATPAC which is easily identifiable and unique within VATSIM. The aim being no matter where you see our logo or a forum banner it will be instantly recognizable as VATPAC. With this in mind, we will be looking to have all VATPAC Directors and staff using a standard forum signature and footers to ensure everyone can recognize our roles and know which one of us to contact when the need arises.

Luke, the membership team and I will be focusing on new members and member activities once a data source has been secured. We will be looking at how we can assist new members in getting online and how we can remove as many of the first time nerves issues as we can. We will have more details soon regarding changes to this area.

Going forward VASO will become a focal point for the team as we look at ways to get members engaged in online activities.

Steven Cullen
Membership Director