ATC Training - Christmas & New Year Period

Will S - 1323645

On behalf of the whole ATC Training team, I would like to wish all VATPAC members a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 🎉

This year has truly been a year like no other. So far, we've awarded 94 rating upgrades (exactly double the amount awarded last year) with 43 in Q2 alone. This would not be possible without an amazing team of mentors and instructors, and I would like to thank them for their continued commitment above and beyond expectations this year, and for welcoming the next generation of virtual Air Traffic Controllers to the VATSIM skies!

In recognition of all of the team's hard work, the training department will be having a break for two weeks from 19 December 2020 until 4 January 2021. During this time, there will be a pause on issuing exams, processing exam results and issuing rating upgrades. If you have already been assigned a mentor, they may choose to continue offering sessions during this period, however there is no expectation that mentoring sessions be conducted. Assessments may also be conducted, but in case of a competent result, a rating upgrade will not be processed until after the break.

If you are nearing completion of your self-directed study, I would encourage you to use this additional time to further your understanding of the theory materials and conduct some further observation of controllers on the live network.

I would like you to join me in thanking our training team once again for all of their hard work, and we look forward to welcoming new ATC trainees in the New Year.

Cheers,
Will Smart

• Like 2