A new era for VATPAC and VATSIM

Zach B - 1217663

Hi everyone,

A significant change has been made in the structure of VATSIM, effective from today. VATPAC is no longer a member of VATSIM Oceania (VATOCE). We now fall under the jurisdiction of the Vice President of Asia Pacific, who of course, is looking after the Asia Pacific regions of VATSIM.

Whilst I have not yet had the chance to formally discuss with Anastatisia, I would like to warmely welcome him to the role and look forward to working with him in the future.

I'd also like to make a special mention to Jackson Harding, who has been involved in both senior VATPAC and VATSIM leadership since I can remember. He has dedicated a significant amount of time and energy to this hobby and although him and I have had our difference in the past, we worked extremely well together on the Board of Governors and also whilst I've been here at VATPAC. Please, next time you see Jackson around, send him a note to say thanks. He deserves it.

I'd also like to express thanks to Allan Cooke, who provided excellent senior leadership for the Oceania division over the past few years. It's unfortunate that Allan suffered a medical episode recently, which has meant he was unable to continue in his role. I know @Callum Strawbridge would echo my comments 100% and very much appreciated Allan's contribution to VATPAC. My best wishes go to Allan and I hope that he remains happy and healthy for many years to come.

If you wish to read more about the changes to VATSIM's structure, you can view the press release here:

https://www.vatsim.net/news/appointment-vice-president-regions-x3-cor-amendments

• Like 5

This has been a huge change that has been coming for some time. It's definitely a step in the right direction as it brings the community closer to the people who lead it. 

I wanted to say a few words to recognise two people who have contributed greatly to the Region through their respective roles. 

Jackson has also been involved in the Division and VATSIM for as long as I can remember. When I started back in 2011, Jackson was the Division Director of VATPAC and over the years, moved through to the Regional Director position before joining the BoG. His dedication to his roles on the Network have seen the Division and Region grow and although we've had our differences, I appreciate all the assistance you've provided me. I hope to see you hanging around Tahiti in the future :D 

Alan came into the Division at a very turbulent time and he hit the ground running. It certainly hasn't been an easy run but he's handled all of the curveballs perfectly and continued to maintain stability. Alan, your assistance, wisdom and guidance in a variety of situations has been greatly appreciated and I hope you stick around and come flying through the VATPAC airspace soon. I was shocked to hear about your medical episode and I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery and healthy future. 

Finally, we have such a great community. Regardless of who's leading it, the people in it are the ones who make it as great as it is. Alan and Jackson will always be a part of that and I look forward to seeing both of you for many years to come :) 

Edited by Callum Strawbridge
  • Like 2