21JUN20 | Luke Maynard - ATC Feedback - VATPAC | VATSIM Australia Pacific Jump to content
Chris Megaw

21JUN20 | Luke Maynard

*** I was unable to post this in ATC Feedback, if anyone can move it please do so***

This evening, Sunday 21 Jun 20, Luke displayed the highest level of professionalsm and tolerance in the face of sustained 'baiting' and deliberate and detailed attacks on his controlling.

Despite recovering from a server failure the individual in question sustained his attack while Luke while trying to issue clearances.

Luke should be commended for his high degree of patience, tolerance, humour and professionalism to ensure those that wanted to enjoy the evening and take advantage of brilliant ATC could.

An absolute superior display of character that has bought credit to the ranks of VATPAC controllers.

Well Done Luke.

Cheers

Chris Megaw

Zulu 26

• Like 3

Hi Chris, send it over to feedback.vatpac.org

I would also encourage you to include details of the event that took place as bullying on the netowrk is unacceptable.

• Like 1

Luke did very well,

I didn't hear what he was dealing with, but it was apparent it was frustrating for him when he just wanted to provide the best service he could.

I understand supervisors were involved however I don't know if any action was taken.

• Like 2

At some point there needs to be the ability for sanctions to be applied in situations like this. Attempting to conduct circuit operations at ymml and refusing to adhere to controller directions would normally result in the removal of a. pilots license by CASA and severe financial penalties - if not a criminal conviction, but on VATSIM, everyone just puts up with the Trolling? Strongly suggest that SIM's account is cancelled.

B8 is the applicable part of the CoC, and like the real world, acknowledges that the PIC is the ultimate authority over the aircraft from the time it takes off, until the time that it lands.

7 hours ago, Mark Edwards said:

At some point there needs to be the ability for sanctions to be applied in situations like this. Attempting to conduct circuit operations at ymml and refusing to adhere to controller directions would normally result in the removal of a. pilots license by CASA and severe financial penalties - if not a criminal conviction, but on VATSIM, everyone just puts up with the Trolling? Strongly suggest that SIM's account is cancelled.

Really depends on the circumstances. It is an offense to operate an aircraft recklessly, with regard to the circumstances as they existed at the time - punishable by up to five years imprisonment. Its not the lack of regard for controller instructions that is the offense, but the command of the aircraft without having all due regard for the safety of the aircraft and its occupants. You could be charged under the same section for following controller instructions, if the circumstances were such that following the instructions endangered the safety of the aircraft.

Not that Im arguing that those are the circumstances here, you understand - just trying to highlight the distinction between a criminal conviction for not adhering to controller directions, versus a criminal conviction for reckless endangerment of air safety.

G'day Chris!
It was my absolute pleasure controlling you and many others that night, thank you for your patience and understanding.
At the end of the day, I am very glad that we were able to get everyone who genuinely wanted to fly airborne safely. 

Hope to see you all in the skies again soon and thank you for the feedback!

- Luke

• Thanks 1