VATSIM Server Shutdown SYD-1

Callum S - 1179882

Hi All,

I've just been informed by VATSIM I.T that the Sydney Server is being permanently shut down after all users currently connected have completed their sessions. It is also refusing new connections at this time. This means you will need to use an alternative server to connect to the VATSIM Network. The closest server which should give you the best ping will be Singapore. 

I apologise for the late notice, however, we didn't know of this change prior to it occurring. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 4

Which server do I connect to?

VATSPY has an inbuilt function to test your Ping to VATSIM Servers. 

If you don't have VATSPY, you can download it here http://www1.metacraft.com/VATSpy/. You can download updated data for VATSPY here https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/vatspy-data-project

Once in VATSPY, go to the Network Servers Tab. Then click on each server button under the Ping column. Your ping will display on the right as shown in the image below. 

VATSpy_2020-04-27_12-17-25.png

Changing your server 

To change your server on vPilot >

Go into Settings > Network and Change your VATSIM Server in the drop down. vPilot_2020-04-27_12-11-20.png

In vATIS>

Once on your selected profile, Click Control S > Server drop down

vATIS_2020-04-27_12-12-03.png

Euroscope

In your connect window > Server > 

EuroScope_2020-04-27_12-13-31.png

Xpilot >
Click Settings > General >  VATSIM Server dropdown

xPilot_2020-04-27_12-15-17.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you use the VATPAC Euroscope Package you can quickly update the default VATSIM server used:

•  just run the VATPAC Profile Updater (Under VATPAC in the Windows start menu),
  • select the server you want to use and all your profiles will be updated. There is no need to re-enter your login details if these haven't changed.
  • Like 5