[23NOV19 0000z - 24NOV19 0800z] Sydney Live 2019

Sam H - 1360406

5dbbc7917393c_SydneyLive2019.png.c203a91e3ad7f512c0e8d007bc1d77bc.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, are you ready for 32 hours of ATC coverage? If so you've come to the right place.

It's time for Sydney Live 2019!

What is Sydney Live?

Sydney Live is a new spin on a well known concept. Similarly to Iron Mic and Real ops, Sydney Live will aim to open as many positions as possible for an extended amount of time. 

The Details?

Sydney Live 2019 will take place on the 23rd/24th of November which means it will run over the Oz Flight Sim Expo weekend. We Will be running full ATC at Sydney for 32 hours, from 0000z 23rd November till 0800z 24th November.  These 32 hours will cover the whole expo from the morning of day 1 right round to the afternoon of day 2!

Where Can I Fly?

Aircraft are welcome anywhere and everywhere! There is no set routes for this event so go wild with multiple trips into and out of the TMA!

Looking for charts to help you get around?  Everything you need to navigate Sydney's many SID's and STAR's can be found here.

Applying For ATC?

ATC applications are now open and are available through the application form here.

At this stage we are aiming to have the roster published on Wednesday the 20th of November.  If you are no longer available for your rostered time please notify us via [email protected]

Thanks everyone and we look forward to seeing you all there! :) 

YES! The event did flop through the overnight!

32 Hours of full ATC just required more controllers than we had to offer. Hopefully the next time through we can fully staff the event the whole way through. 

With that said I'd still love to thank those who were able to come out and control, rostered and not, for you guys are the ones who make these events happen. I know that for the first portion of day 1 there was quite a lot of traffic inbound providing more than enough fun for everyone involved.

Once again, thank you everyone for your efforts and until the next time!

• Like 1