[15SEP19 0600z - 1000z] GA Madness Brisbane

Nicholas N - 1410993

5d47c78631aaf_GAMadnessBrisbane.png.c4f759551e586c7b4c11531b9cb4dc64.png

Ever get sick and tired of flying in a B737 at 35,000ft not exploring all that amazing scenery that is hidden below the clouds? VATPAC Invites members of the VATSIM Community to try something different, flights in and around the beautiful South East Queensland

Fly from either Sunshine Coast Airport (YBSU/YBMC,) Archerfield Airport (YBAF) or the marvelous Gold Coast Airport (YBCG) in your favourite prop aircraft, with Full ATC Services from 0600z - 1000z

Event Info:
GA Madness focuses on the smaller side of aviation. It's designed to test a controller’s limits with high workload into small airports, with VFR and IFR aircraft. GA Madness focuses on class D airports and this time we’ll be focusing on the sunny Sunshine Coast, Archerfield and the gateway airport to the sprawling beaches and sands of Queensland... the Gold Coast.

What can I do?
These airports are some of the busiest airports in Australia however, under appreciated in VATPAC. You are welcome to conduct circuits, local area flights or even instrument operations. You may also want to fly a scenic route over the CBD! For those who are looking for longer flights, you could fly to and from Toowoomba or fly from Ballina-Byron.
Bring plenty of fuel and some charts as our controllers assist you to navigate through one of the busiest TMA's in the country.

Routes:
If you are planning to fly via airways (Mainly IFR,) VATPAC recommends the following routes to assist in Traffic Flow - Charts for all 3 aerodromes can be found here;

Gold Coast (YBCG) -> Archerfield (YBAF)
ROUTE: LAGOB W371 AMB Y195 GLENN

Gold Coast (YBCG) -> Sunshine Coast (YBSU/YBMC)
ROUTE: 
CG H185 BN V134 SU

Archerfield (YBAF) -> Gold Coast (YBCG)
ROUTE: LAGOB OOLNC OOLNI OOLNF CG

Archerfield (YBAF) -> Sunshine Coast (YBSU/YBMC)
ROUTE: BN V134 SU

Sunshine Coast (YBSU/YBMC) -> Archerfield (YBAF)
ROUTE: BN MOOLO CORAL  

Sunshine Coast (YBSU/YBMC) -> Gold Coast (YBCG)
ROUTE: SU V217 GAYLA VIMOL W192 CG

ATC:
Controllers interested in controlling the event are encouraged to submit their ATC Applications here - Applications will remain open until 2 days before the event (13th September,) with a roster will be released one week before the event (8th September)

Dependent on the number of ATC Applications will ultimately persuade the number of controller positions that are eventually published and rostered. Positions that are planned to be rostered are below.

Name: Login Identifier: Radio Callsign: Frequency:
Sunshine Coast Tower SU_TWR Sunshine Coast Tower 124.400
Sunshine Coast SMC SU_GND Sunshine Coast Ground 121.100

Archerfield Tower AF_TWR Archerfield Tower 118.100
Archerfield SMC AF_GND Archerfield Ground 119.900

Gold Coast Tower CG_TWR Gold Coast Tower 118.700
Gold Coast SMC CG_GND Gold Coast Ground 121.800

Gold Coast Approach CG_APP Gold Coast Approach 123.500
Brisbane Approach BN_APP Brisbane Approach 124.700

Brisbane Centre (Downs) BN-DOS_CTR Brisbane Centre 135.600

Note: Bold positions will only be rostered if sufficient ATC Applications are received.

Scenery:
YBSU/YMBC - Sunshine Coast Airport:
Freeware - AVSIM 'Flukey' (FSX/P3D) *Requires OZX Libraries*
Freeware - FlightSim (FSX)

YBAF - Archerfield Airport:
Freeware - Flightsim (FSX)
Freeware - Fly Away Simulation (FSX)

YBCG - Gold Coast International Airport:
Payware - ORBX Simulations Systems (FSX/P3D)
Freeware - AVSIM (FSX)
Freeware - Gateway (XPlane)

MISC - Miscellaneous Requirements/Scenery:
Payware - AUSv2 (FSX/P3D) *Required by ORBX Airports*
Payware - Brisbane International Airport (FSX/P3D)
Payware - CityScene Gold Coast
Freeware - OZx Libraries (P3Dv4 ONLY)

Should you have any questions, queries or suggestions, please contact the events department via the VATPAC forums or by emailing [email protected] 

We Look forward to seeing you at our GA Madness event!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The ATC roster is now available at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14gVTtotPm97N5mwDZ_Oxym0XCv0bNCh3mImdCvI0VbE/edit?usp=sharing

We received very few applications and are lacking the necessary positions of this event. If you want to help or be listed as a standby controller please express your interest to myself at [email protected] or apply for ATC at https://forms.gle/Lrgn2Rb8ySgJBmjt9

The final version of the ATC roster has been released and available at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14gVTtotPm97N5mwDZ_Oxym0XCv0bNCh3mImdCvI0VbE/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you for everyone who applied or who spoke with me regarding the positions. We have an almost complete roster and its thanks to you all!

2 hours till the event kicks off. I hope to see you all there!

Instructions advise that If you are planning to fly via airways (Mainly IFR,) VATPAC recommends the following routes to assist in Traffic Flow - Charts for all 3 aerodromes can be found here.

Unfortunately as I am not a controller I cannot answer all the questions and therefore cannot get to the charts. I know one can get the charts elsewhere but if a statement says they are available here (for flyers/pilots) then they should be.

1 hour ago, Daniel Mckee said:

Instructions advise that If you are planning to fly via airways (Mainly IFR,) VATPAC recommends the following routes to assist in Traffic Flow - Charts for all 3 aerodromes can be found here.

Unfortunately as I am not a controller I cannot answer all the questions and therefore cannot get to the charts. I know one can get the charts elsewhere but if a statement says they are available here (for flyers/pilots) then they should be.

Hi Daniel,

I think that may be an incorrect link.  All Airservices charts are available via VATPAC ATC Assist (available to everyone) or via the airservices website.

Thanks for pointing out the error.  Hope you enjoyed the event.

• Thanks 1