Happy New Year

David Z - 1027224

On behalf of the Board, I would like to wish VATPAC members and the extended flight sim community a happy new year. 

We all aware of some of the ugly business that occurred some months ago and that sort of behaviour understandably resulted in many of our members losing confidence in how the organisation was being run. But despite the unnecessary drama, I can say that our team of volunteer staff have made the best they could of 2018.

2018 in summary:

• 17 new controllers and a total of 43 ATC ratings upgrades
  • A great program of events including GA Madness, Panic Stations, Cross the Ditch and Real Ops Sydney
  • ATC operational support for Worldflight, which was highly praised by WF teams
  • Our operations and IT teams continued to work tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure that our sector files and documentation were kept up-to-date and that our systems stayed online!

The board has been working on our plans for 2019 which we look forward to sharing with you in the new year. This plan will include an exciting events program for the year and a series of projects to improve the functions of the organisation.

I hope you have all had the opportunity to catch up with friends and family and enjoy the festive season. Please stay safe, take it easy on the roads and I look forward to seeing you all online in 2019.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2