Appointment: Deputy Director, ATC Standards

Daniel Martin

The Deputy Director, ATC Standards (VATPAC23) is a new position in the ATC Department which requires an application process for members in the training department. The reason it is an internally appointed position is to ensure that the person in the role understands the needs of the department and understands the current issues and situations going on. The Deputy Director, ATC Training position has been renamed to Deputy Director, ATC Administration. As I have stated to the training team and board members, I see the two Deputy Directors and myself as equal but with different duties designated to each other. We'll make all decisions together, meaning that I will not have final say on any decision that happens in the ATC Department. In my eyes, it will be a democratic department and not a dictatorship. 

With that in mind, I would like to congratulate Ryan Steffe on being appointed to this new position. Ryan once held the Deputy Director, ATC Training position and did a fantastic job at it and I have no doubt that he will do a great job in this new role. Please join me in congratulating him and making him feel welcome :) 

• Like 2