Annual Leave - VATPAC Staff

Tracy S - 848725

Hi all,

To say that 2017 has been a turbulent year would be an understatement.

VATPAC has weathered some of the most serious challenges in it's history and this was only made possible by the support of our wonderful community at all levels.

We've seen the departure of some fine individuals from the staff team, replaced by more fine individuals who share our passion for providing the best possible experience for our members.

As the person charged with overseeing our community, it has been extremely rewarding to see the community standing behind our Division when it really counted. Never in our history has our very existence been challenged the way it has over the last year and I am extremely proud of our combined resilience.

As we move toward the final stages of recruitment to appoint permanent Board members, I am happy to say that we are several months ahead of schedule to have this completed well within the 12 month mandate that we were afforded. This would not be possible without all the fine people that have put their hands up applying for the various positions and I thank each and every person that has done so.

As we wind down our operations for the silly season, I would like to wish you all a happy, relaxing, healthy holidays and I am looking forward to announcing early in the new year some very exciting projects that your team has been working diligently on throughout the last 6 months that will vastly improve some processes, particularly in the ATC Training and IT arenas.

Until then, please please PLEASE stay safe and look after yourselves and your families.

After personally surviving 2 very close calls with my own mortality this year, I also recommend trying to appreciate the smaller things in life that we all sometimes take for granted.

Thank you again to everyone in our little community for your support in 2017 and we look forward to serving you again from early January.