Message from VATPAC1 Director of Division

Greg B - 903254

Greetings VATPACers,

It is with great regret that I address you all this evening.

Over the past several months there have been some developments of a management nature that have come to a head this evening.  Approximately 4 months ago, VATSIM saw fit to appoint a former and somewhat inactive VATPAC Director to a regional management role without consultation.  Since this took place I have become increasingly concerned with the direction of the region and the amount of interference that has been forthcoming from VATSIM Oceania to VATPAC. 

As per the VATSIM Code of Regulations, the Regional Director has to duty to delegate authoritative control to the Division Director and should not involve themselves in the day-to-day operations of the division.  It is my firm belief that this regulation is being increasingly breached and absent any real support from the VATSIM heirachy I have this evening tendered my resignation as Divisional Director.  I am unable to support the future direction within the region.

I will be making arrangments as soon as possible to hand over all my authority to the Acting Director Division.

I would like to thank all the VATPAC Board and the staff, no matter who you are or what you do for your consistent and unwavering support during the last few years.  I firmly believe I have left this position with the VATPAC Division in a better shape than when I accepted the postition.

Thank-you and good evening.  See you in the virtual skies.