Resignation of DDAIS and AIS going forward

Joel R - 891193

Good afternoon everyone,

I wish it was under happier circumstances that I was posting today. It is with a great loss I need to reluctantly announce the resignation of Peter Story as Deputy Director Aeronautical Information. Peter has been in this role now for over two years and has pushed VATPAC from one strength to another. He has kept us all updated on airspace and has implemented huge improvements to the way we handle AIRAC updates, ATC Assist, VATSPY and ServInfo. Peter's departure is going to leave a huge hole in the AIS Team with big shoes for the replacement to fill. On behalf of the VATPAC Staff and members I would like to thank Peter for his hard work and counsel during his time in the role. We also owe him a great debt for the work he has recently done in over seeing the biggest change in VATPAC airspace for nearly 10 years.

Over the next month, Eoin Motherway will step up as Acting Deputy Director Aeronautical Information. I would also like to announce that Sean Harrison is taking a more senior role as the Assistant Deputy Director Aeronautical Information - Pacific. Sean is going to be critical in furthering the work of sector files and information for the Pacific Islands. This area has been long over looked and from this hopefully some events on the islands would be in the winds.

Over the next few days I will advertise the vacancy of the permanent DDAIS. Peter has agreed to be around for the handover of this role when the permanent replacement is found.

Once again, thank you Peter and I hope to see you flying soon with your spare time.