VATPAC Board Movements

Greg B - 903254

Greetings VATPAC Members,

Some announcements regarding movements within the VATPAC Board.  Firstly for some of our newer Members, who are the Board and what do they do?  A full list of VATPAC staff can be found here http://vatpac.org/home/about/staff.  I hope to update this page with a more complete list in the next few weeks.

The VATPAC Board:

VATPAC 1 Division Director - Greg Barber - That's me.  I'm in charge of the overall running of the Division and the coordination of the other Board level portfolios.  I liaise with VATSIM via the Regional Director, Jackson Harding, and I am the point of contact for many Division level policies.  I have been a member of VATPAC since 2004 and prior to taking over the role of VATPAC 1 I spent 3 years as Director ATC Training.

VATPAC 2 Director Operations - Joel Richters.  Joel is in charge of all things Operational.  THat is supporting pilots and controllers with resources of an operational nature.  These include the administration of our airspace and any changes that need to occur to sectors, frequencies or controller position policies.  Joel also coordinates the AIS Team who are responsible for releasing up to date sector files for our controllers (and don't they do a great job there?!).  Operations also maintains all of our documentation such as our VATPAC MATS (Manual of Air Traffic Services), the bible for all our controllers and supporting documents like the Local Instructions and Procedural Tower Supplements.

VATPAC 3 Director ATC Training - Peter Adamos.  Peter is responsible for all things that train our controller up for their ATC ratings.  He maintains the ATC Training team which includes all of our ATC mentors and instructors as well as maintaining our training resources in the Academy.

VATPAC 4 Director IT - Steve Brown*.  Browny looks after our website and IT infrastructure such as the Oceania FSD server (the one you most likely connect to when you fly) which is your link to the VATSIM Network.

VATPAC 5 Director Events & Communications - Tracy Shiffman*.  Most of you know Tracy as he is probably our most active Board member when it comes to interacting with our membership.  Tracy and his team are tasked with organising our weekly and  non-regular events to give us all something to do.  He also coordinates all of our communications policies such as Teamspeak and our upcoming newsletter mail-out.

So what are the movements to which the title of this thread refers?

Events & Communications: I regret to announce that Tracy Shiffman will be stepping down as Director Events & Communications.  Tracy has held this role for 3 years (after only setting out for 2) and would like to step back and enjoy his hobby a little more.  I will be advertising the role in the coming days however Tracy will continue to support the Division in the role for the time being.

IT: Steven Brown will be stepping down as Director IT.  The Board has made the appointment of our current IT Deputy, Zach Biesse-Fitton to the role of Acting Director IT.  Meanwhile Browny will stay on to assist him where required.  I'd like to congratulate Zach on this appointment and hope that we can continue to move forward under his guidance.

As a wise man pointed out to me yesterday:  "Push forward, houses get bigger.  Pull back, houses get smaller.  Unless you keep pulling back, then the houses get bigger again."