Resignation - Peter Smith

Tracy S - 848725

It is with much regret that I announce the resignation of Peter Smith from his role as Coordinator of VFR and World Discovery Flights. Actually, not so much a resignation as a retirement :)

Next week it will be 3 years exactly since Peter took on the role. The value and enjoyment he has brought to many, many VATPAC'ers (and VATSIM'ers) has been extraordinary, as has his enthusiasm.

Peter has called time in order to be able to travel more with his wife, as well as spend more time with his family. He has kindly agreed to continue in the role until a suitable replacement can be recruited. A separate announcement for that will be posted soon, along with a detailed role description and role requirements.

I don't personally participate in VFR / WDF all that much, but over the journey I have received enormous amounts of positive feedback from those that do. I'm sure every one of those people join with the entire VATPAC Staff group in thanking Peter for his wonderful efforts over the last 3 years and to wish him all the best for the future.

VATPAC5 - Director of Events and Communications