Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Jackson H - 820457

As my first year in the big office draws to a close and my first festive season as the Director of Division rolls around it is time for me to say some thank yous and to wish everyone the best.

First and foremost thanks to my predecessor Shannon Wells. Shannon served the board for many years and much of what you see today is down to his hard work in a variety of rolls.

Matt, our long serving, and long suffering DCRM also stood down during the year. We let this one slip by with the minimum of fuss, in an ideal world none of you would know who the DCRM was, because you'd never have met him in an official capacity. Matt had served on the board and staff for a considerable length of time but he has now chosen to take up other pursuits. He will be missed. Shannon just couldn't stay away from the place, and he has stepped into the role.

My colleagues on the board, and the staff who assist the board have all put in a constant effort throughout the year to keep making VATPAC what it is. Without their volunteer efforts none of what we all enjoy would be possible. Their efforts make my job easy, and I wish to sincerely thank each and every one of them for their continuing input. Everyone in our little community owes them a great deal of gratitude for what they do on our behalves. We have made particular strides this year with pilot training, gaining accreditation as a VATSIM Approved Training Organisation and the roll out of the P1 rating. Don Collins, Dean May, and the rest of the pilot training team deserve particular mention for their efforts in this area.

And finally a big thank you to everyone who participates, be it for one hour or hundreds throughout the year. Without the participation of the community itself VATPAC is nothing.

And to all I wish you a very Merry Christmas, and a safe and a prosperous New Year.

Jackson Harding

PS please use your real name if you fly REDSLED1 tonight!